Data we collect
We collect essential data on White Paper to make our website easier to use and to provide you with a basic service. This section outlines what data we collect and how we use it.
What data do you collect?
If you signup for email updates, we collect:
- Email Address
If you signup for conferences coming soon, we collect:
- Email Address
- Conference you want to be notified about
If you make a conference booking on White Paper, we collect:
- A delegates title, first name, surname and email address
- A company address and telephone number
- A billing address and telephone number (if provided)
- The first name, surname and email address of the person booking
- An email address to send invoices
- Additional comments for the booking
- If you agreed to our terms and conditions
If you use a contact form to contact White Paper, we collect:
- Email Address
- Telephone (if provided)
- How you heard about White Paper (if provided)
- A contact message
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data").
This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Why do you collect this data?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a basic service and in particular for the following reasons:
- To provide you with a basic service
- To provide you with a better customer experience
- To organise and operate the running of conferences
- We may use the information to improve our conferences
- We may periodically send promotional emails about conferences we think you may find interesting, providing you gave us consent or there is a legitimate interest
- We send you emails regarding a conference you are attending based on a legitimate interest
- We collect and analyse log data to prevent attacks on our web infrastructure
Who has access to this information?
White Paper is the only company that has direct access to your information, apart from selected and verified third party services.
In the event of any business restructuring or reorganisation we may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a sale, in which case we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. Users will be notified via a notice on our website for 30 days prior to a change of ownership or control of their personal information.
How do we manage your information?
We use technical and physical controls designed to prevent unauthorised access to your personal data. We restrict access to personal data only to our employees who need to know this information in order to operate, develop or improve our service. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
How can I control my personal information?
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- As a general rule, when contacting us or signing up to a service on this website, all fields that are marked required are required to deliver a basic service to you. You remain in control with what additional information you decide to share with us.
We will never sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless we asked for your consent or are required by law to do so.
This page was last updated on 16 November 2018.